When it comes to business, it does not matter whether you work in a typical office a shop or a factory. You are built up of a group individual with specific goals towards producing the goods that the company sells. This is what defines a team. From the most mundane task like answering a phone call, to the most complicated job like designing products, every individual making up the team plays an important role. As a whole, every employee is working towards a common goal which is to earn profit for the company and for themselves. This is what team building is all about. It is the process of enabling a group of people to reach that common goal.
- What Is The Main Goal Of The Company? You all know that you need the job to make a living and earn profits for the company” Still, not everyone is clear about what the company’s core all about. Your main focus for team building should be a review the of the employee’s orientation of the company’s goal and objectives. If you produce goods, what is the product really all about? What message do you want to impart to people as a company? If you deal with services, what is your main goal and what service do you actually provide? By reviewing these goals, a team member would have a fresh outlook about the company, making them strive harder to reach that common goal.
- What Factors Caused Poor Team Performance In The Past? Look into your company’s successes and failures. Determine which area is in need of improvement and look for ways to do so. By looking into the strengths and weaknesses that each member exhibits, you would know which areas to improve on. Also, this would give you an idea of how to optimize the team’s strengths to reach that common goal and contribute to the company’s success.
- How Can You Improve The Way Team Members Interact? Even siblings of the same genes make up different personalities. As a team, you are made up of individuals from different cultures, and would have various ideas on how to improve the way your company operates. There is bound to be friction of some kind since your team is made up of different individuals. Team building aims to avoid this and bridge the gap by coming up with activities which bond the group. Thinking of fun activities to break the ice and personalize the interaction between members is a great way to start.
- How Can You Improve The Team’s Ability To Solve Problems? Every company is faced with challenges every now and then. One way to forge team solidarity is to look into past problems and see how they were solved. Ask each team member how they would have handled that particular problem. This would let a leader know which team member has good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills. The team members may be asked to share ideas and decide together which solution would suit the problem best. This is another way to build team solidarity.
- How Can You Forge The Support And Trust Level Between Team Members? A team leader should have people and management skills. However, it is still important for the leader to earn the trust of his team members. Supporting each other is a vital quality that a team should have. Even a simple problem like an employee who disobeys out of sheer contrariness should be looked into. What is causing this team member to contradict his superior? What can be done to improve his attitude? By team building, you can some up with ways to build trust and increase the support level between colleagues.
- How Can You Apply The Team Building Activities In The Day-To-Day Operation Of The Company? In the end, after all the activities that the team has performed together, there should be a sharing of experiences and thoughts on what each member has learned about their peers and about the company’s goal. These should make them aware of how they can further contribute to the company’s success in the future. All in all, team building activities enhance team solidarity. It is good to remember that the whole organization is team working towards the company’s main goal. After a set of fun and team building activities which inspire team spirit, each member would have a clear idea of how to improve their attitude towards their peers, their superiors, and especially towards their work.