Internet marketing is a wonderful business, but if you are like me, there are days when you get really down and just can’t seem to get going. This is compounded for some people with the Winter Blues. Sometimes sitting in your lonely corner of the bedroom or living room, it seems like you are the only person on earth. You sometimes feel like you are in a cage and there is no way out! This can also be compounded by a slump in your business sales or successes.
When you feel like this, it is hard to get any work done and can be very counterproductive for you. You must step back, take a break and clear your head. I have found a few things that can help alleviate these problems and would like to share them with you.
- Get up and get away from the computer for awhile. Even if it is only for 10-15 minutes. Walk around the house, stretch your muscles, do a few neck and back stretches. These can do wonders!
- Take a walk. Get dressed, go outside, breathe in the fresh, cool air of winter and take a 30 minute walk. This is one of the most invigorating things you can do to clear your head and get the cobwebs out. Walking is the one activity I would recommend most.
- Call a friend or family member and talk for awhile. This can also be a great way to lift your spirits and confirm your suspicions that there are other people on this planet! Chat for awhile and laugh a little. Laughter is a great medicine!
- Have some fun! Put on some of your favorite music and dance around the house for awhile. Let loose and have some fun. Act goofy, crazy or waltz yourself to China. This helps get out some of the frustrations and pent up emotions that can cause the blues.
- Just relax! Turn everything off, make yourself a cup of coffee, cocoa, or just plain water. Just sit in complete silence and watch the birds outside or put a cool cloth over your eyes. Let your mind go blank for awhile. Forget everything and just relax!
- Exercise your mind! Show your mind that there is more than just the computer. Do a crossword puzzle, play a few games of solitaire, or read a book. These are all great ways of getting your mind of business and clearing out all the old to make way for the new.
- Do some housework! This might not be the most fun thing to do, but it helps take your mind of business for awhile and believe me, after about an hour of housework, you will be more than ready to get back to business!
- Take a TV break! Watch a program that allows you to escape to another world. After you are finished you just might be glad to get back to your world!